Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Little Bird

I am currently reading Tuesdays with Morrie. The book tells a story of a dying college professor ( Morrie ) teaching his last class to one student ( Mitch ). As I read, I become one of Morrie's students. His class is about the meaning of life and the lessons in how to live.

One of the lessons in the book is once you learn how to die, you learn how to live. How should we die? Read on!

Source:
Tuesdays with Morrie
Mitch Albom
Page 81
Doubleday
ISBN: 0385496494

"Everyone knows they're going to die," he ( Morrie ) said again, "but nobody believes it. If we did, we would do things differently."

So we kid ourselves about death, I ( Mitch ) said.

"Yes. But there's a better approach. To know you're going to die and to be prepared for it at any time. That's better. That way you can actually be more involved in your life while you're living."

How can you ever be prepared to die?

"Do what the Buddhists do. Every day, have a little bird on your shoulder that asks, 'Is today the day? Am I ready? Am I doing all I need to do? Am I being the person I want to be?'"

No comments: