Sunday, September 30, 2007

Top 10 Believes

What are my top 10 believes now?

  1. Nothing is permanent ( including this list ).
  2. Things fail when it is not designed to evlove with changes.
  3. One can reduces one's ignorance by learning more about oneself and the World around us.
  4. Sharing what I discover about myself and the World around me is intellectual philanthropy.
  5. There is power when one knows one can be wrong.
  6. There is always more than one way of seeing and doing things.
  7. Listen to people who have unpopular views.
  8. Do one's own thinking.
  9. If one does not make choices, choices make one.
  10. Connecting the disconnects

What are your top 10 believes now?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a different view on your belief #2.

Things cannot be designed to deal with all changes, since belief #1 says that nothing is permanent. I will not argue with belief #1 since I don't want to pit myself against Buddha.

So things will fail sooner or later. Anything that is working now and seems that it will work forever, has a chance of failing in the future.

I guess what you meant to put here is your belief on scenario planning. Anticipate what's coming and plan how to respond to it.

whatidiscover said...

Good point: Things CANNOT be designed to deal with ALL changes. I agree! However they can be designed to deal with some changes. My focus is not on none or all but on more.

Scenario planning is one way of designing things or activities to deal with changes. There are many possible ways. The Fast Company Masters of Design nominees http://www.fastcompany.com/design/2008 show many possible ways.

whatidiscover said...

I have amended believe 2
from
Things fail when it is not design to deal with changes.
to
Things fail when it is not designed to evlove with changes.