Sunday, June 22, 2008

Conversation Triangle

One of my favorite pass times is meeting up with friends to chat about ideas that I discovered. As I observed what I do during these discussions, I discovered that I basically behaved in 3 ways:

  1. I broaden the idea.
  2. I deepen the understanding of the idea.
  3. I connect the idea to another idea.

I came up with a diagram to show how I behaved in these discussions.


Conversation Triangle 0.1

I name the diagram the Conversation Triangle.

It consists of 4 points

  1. I = Idea
  2. B = Broaden Idea
  3. C = Connected Idea
  4. D = Deepen Understanding

6 relationships

  1. IB = Action of broadening the idea
  2. IC = Action of connecting the idea to another idea
  3. ID = Action of deepening the understanding of the idea
  4. BC = Action of connecting the broaden idea to another idea
  5. BD = Action of deepening the understanding of the broaden idea
  6. CD = Action of deepening the understanding of the idea that was connected to

No comments: